Nobody can escape the visible signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, loose skin, brown spots, and dull skin, but at Delta Laser and Skin Care Centre we offer several nonsurgical skin rejuvenation treatments that can help restore more youthful, natural-looking beauty to your appearance.
Located in Delta, British Columbia, Delta Laser and Skin Care Centre is led by Dr. Marcia Fleming and registered nurse Jennifer Sutherland. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how to safely and effectively treat your aging skin.
What Causes Aging Skin?
Maintaining healthy, youthful skin has to be done on the inside and out. There are several internal and external factors that are responsible for the skin’s aging process:
- Genetics: If your mother appeared to be older than she actually was, chances are that you will too.
- Sunlight: The harmful rays of the sun can cause wrinkles and a leathery appearance and texture.
- Lifestyle: Unhealthy habits such as smoking, poor diet, stress, and substance abuse can all contribute to aging skin.
- Facial expressions: Repeated facial movements can lead to permanent lines and wrinkles that are etched permanently into the skin over time.
- Loss of fat, muscle, and bone: Loss of facial volume and shape can occur as a result of the natural loss of these factors during the aging process.
- Decreased production of collagen and hyaluronic acid: These two compounds give structure and volume to the skin and decrease in production over time.
- Changes in hormones: This can lead to unwanted body hair growing in places where it shouldn’t.
- Blood vessels dilating: Weakened, dilated vessels can lead to facial redness, which can be sensitive and difficult to treat.
How is Aging Skin Treated?
At Delta Laser and Skin Care Centre, we understand that each individual condition is different, and we offer multiple skin rejuvenation options for all of your cosmetic needs.
Your skin’s first line of defense is through protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Our medical-grade sunscreen can help you jumpstart your skincare regimen.
Using light-based therapy, Intense Pulsed Light or IPL photorejuvenation treats a wide range of skin imperfections at the source by applying a photosensitive medication to treated areas. The medication absorbs into the skin, and a specially designed light is focused on the area. This reduces several varieties of wrinkles, discoloration, and facial redness.
Fraxel® utilizes fractionated laser energy, gently resurfacing the skin and stimulating collagen production while maintaining the integrity of the skin surface for patient-centered safety and comfort and long-lasting results.
Injectable treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers can help relax wrinkles and fill in lines to smooth out visible signs of aging and revitalize your overall appearance.
While the surface of the skin is cooled, the deeper layers are gently heated with infrared light, causing a tightening effect as collagen is coagulated, resulting in lifted, smoother skin.
Through advanced, state-of-the-art laser technology, unwanted body hair can now be effectively removed and the hair follicles can disabled to prevent future hair regrowth. Unlike shaving, tweezing, and waxing, laser hair removal does not cause ingrown hairs or skin irritation.
Contact Delta Laser and Skin Care Centre today to schedule a consultation and find out how your aging skin can be effectively treated without surgery and with minimal downtime.